Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Hair today....Gone tomorrow"




Here's my new short do!

Fall is a great time to prune trees; so I guess it's a good time to do the same to my hair. Sometimes I like it ...sometimes I don't. Sometimes, it's nappy and kinky and sometimes it's curly.

I've really learned about what products work on my hair in it's natural state. I've been reminded how dry my natural hair is. I really have to keep a moisturizer in it now. I now have absolutely no chemicals in my hair. This is all me. It's kind of exhilarating. No pretense here. Take me or leave me. My hair is about an inch long all over my head. It's slightly longer in the top. Sometimes I look very 'native' with a little tight afro. Other times it's soft and curly. I can even pull it back a little with a head band. Sometimes I look kind of "edgy". Other times I just look like I'm a throw back from the 60y's.

By the way, Kenny has been very kind.

6 comments:

Candy Lee said...

You made it sound so horrible when I talked to you on the phone. But it looks just like it did 28 yrs ago. I think it looks great. I think that I should do it too!

Beke said...

I like your hair.

Scottie said...

OK, I ran across your blog through a friend's, so I hope you don't mind the random comment, but I think your hair looks very good... Very natural, which is always better than something contrived.

Lindsay said...

Love it! And how fun that it still has a little variety even though it's short! Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving!

Robert and Charity said...

Lookin good!!

Renee and Jake said...

I loved being with you in the temple tonight..